Environmental and Social Policies
The Development and Investment Bank of Turkey (TKYB) furthers its sustainable development performance with its environmental and social policies.
The TKYB aims to manage potential risks and opportunities arising from its services and activities by addressing economic, environmental and social factors as the cornerstone/main component of sustainable development.
The TKYB announced the Environmental and Social Policy document, a basis for all its activities and services, to showcase to shareholders its point of view on the management and reduction of negative impacts and risks on social and environmental activities.
The Bank was the first state-owned bank to be awarded the TSE EN ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard in 2010, thus further advancing its environmentally friendly approach, increasing its positive impact on the environment while reducing its negative impact.
Within this scope, the TKYB closely follows and implements national legislation, laws and regulations to manage its environmental and social impact while fulfilling its legal obligations. It consistently follows national and international developments within the industry and best practices in environmental and social issues. The Bank supports and joins all kinds of environmentally friendly activities and volunteering efforts particularly concerning education and the environment, along with all public and civil society organizations as well as other shareholders who enhance social prosperity and development.
While reducing its negative impact stemming from operational activities, the Bank supports positive environmental movements with its efforts to increase energy and resource efficiency. To this end, the Bank regularly monitors energy, water and paper use, air emissions, waste generation and greenhouse gas emissions and aims to improve its reduction performance.
The Environmental Management System targets the principles below.
- Reduce the use/waste of resources and the generation of waste while we carry out our activities and services without any loss in our quality of service,
- Create a positive environmental impact and awareness through the Bank’s activities and services,
- Minimize our damaging impact on human health and the environment,
- Ensure sustainability and continuous improvement of the established system,
- Support all environmentally friendly activities and all kinds of volunteering activities,
- Establish a management system that is world-class and compliant with the TS-EN-ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standards.